Valerie A. Villacin (shareholder)
- Smith Goodfriend, P.S. (December 2003-Present)
Shareholder in the firm since February 2011.
- Appellate litigation practice in all three divisions of the Court of Appeals and the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Child Advocacy Clinic, University of Washington School of Law (September 2002-June 2003)
- Represented juveniles in dependency matters before King County Juvenile Court Commissioners for permanency planning hearings and contested motions.
- Law Office of Janet A. George (September 2000-June 2003)
- Complex divorce litigation practice. Researched legal issues related to divorce litigation involving asset and liability division and contested custody matters. Drafted motions for temporary orders, motions for protective orders, and motions to compel. Drafted legal memoranda, declarations and discovery requests. Prepared written materials for mediation, arbitration and trial.
- Law Office of Janet A. George (February 1996-August 2000)
- Drafted orders, declarations, subpoenas, interrogatories and requests for production. Assisted in all aspects of case management, including preparing documents for filing with court and preparation of trial notebooks and exhibits. Drafted correspondences to clients. Interviewed potential clients
- University of Washington School of Law (June 2003) J.D.
- National Order of Barristers, Member
- Moot Court Honor Board, Executive Board Member, Vice President of Judges 2002-2003
- Moot Court Honor Board, Member 2001-2002
- Mock Trial Competition, Fall 2002, Finalist
- First Year Appellate Advocacy Competition, Spring 2000, Finalist
- Rutgers University, Douglass College (June 1995) B.A. in Economics
- Dean's List
- Washington State Bar Association
- Clallam Legal V CLE, Clallam Jefferson Counties Pro Bono Lawyers, 11/9/12
- Family Law Hot Topics, King County Bar Association, 10/12/12
- Community Property Law in Washington, WSBA, 4/12/12
- Family Law: Marital Misbehavior and Appellate Considerations, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 3/16/12
- 2nd Annual Mary H. Wechsler Family Law Symposium, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 3/5/12
- Family Law: Practice Tips/Avoiding the Pitfalls, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 3/18/11
- Family Law Hot Topics, King County Bar Association, 12/3/10
- Family Law Appeals, Clark County Bar Association, 11/11/10
- Clallam Legal, Clallam-Jefferson County Pro Bono Attorneys, 11/4/10
- Advanced Family Law Hot Topics for Hard Times, King County Bar Association, 10/16/09
- Clallam Legal II, Clallam-Jefferson County Pro Bono Attorneys, 11/6/09
- Family Law Hot Topics 2008, King County Bar Association, 11/21/08
- Family Law Hot Topics 2007, King County Bar Association, 10/5/07
- Rock climbing
- Scuba Diving